This is where I plan on posting stories, updates, etc., for friends and family and whoever else might be interested in Our Little Family's Adventures in Japan.

04 October 2005

Settling In

We are all here, now what?

Everyday is a serious adventure for my sister Summer. Since she doesn't know any Japanese, she has been a little lost, but I am trying to show her the ropes (as if I were an expert). Here we are downtown, by the Nagano Eki, there is a greally good miso ramen shop nearby.

Monica is having fun speaking Japanese, and was the most popular person at church on Sunday. When she walked in and sat down she had only two friends there, and we were sitting next to her. We had a hard time leaving because when it was time to go home, there were half a dozen sisters trying to be her best friend.
As for me, I am relearning the Joys of Fatherhood and enjoying having my family with me. Sometimes I drag everyone all over town, although they have not yet fully recovered from jet-lag. I am so excited to have them here. This is sometimes a problem, because I now walk about five times faster than Monica and Summer. Here you see what they see of me whenever we go anywhere.

5 Comments:

Blogger pramahaphil said...

How long will Summer be staying in Japan with you guys? I'm jealous, it sounds like you guys are goping to have an amazing adventure together.

This is Phil let me know what is a good email address for you, I have news.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

 
Blogger pramahaphil said...

Sorry for the type-o's.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got some news for you Spencer!!! What do you think, a boy or a girl this time?

Jared

PS-I love the site.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

 
Blogger SDJ said...

Your kidding!?

Thursday, October 20, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Spencer,

Congratulations on the beautiful wife and son. You look really happy over there in Japan.

Jared & I ended up in a couple of classes together at the UofU and we started talking about high school, turns out that we had a mutual set of people we knew and you were one of them.

You probably want to figure out who I might be so I'll give you a hint, you played guard and I played tackle your junior year. Yeah, I mean the year we went 0-10, but hey we had fun didn't we.

Send me an email at myoung@breakthru.com and maybe we can catch up a bit if you would like.

Talk to you later,

Michael Young

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home