This is where I plan on posting stories, updates, etc., for friends and family and whoever else might be interested in Our Little Family's Adventures in Japan.

29 September 2006

The Angry Russian

As we've come to Japan we've begun to have more of an... understanding?... of the Russians. Maybe it is because I had the opportunity to play the role of a Russian sailor in a movie a few months ago (I didn't do it because it conflicted with work), or because I have been asked if I were from Russia, or because some of my favorite sumo wrestlers are from previous Soviet Bloc States.
Anyhow, we picked up some sheepskin goodies from our midwife before heading to Japan, and now they fit him. We got some good pics of Ammon before he started fighting for the camera with his Russian-looking hat on. He loves the hat because it feels good against his skin, but he hit the terrible two's a bit early as you can see. We couldn't help but call him an angry Russian at the time.
Back to the former Soviet Bloc sumo wrestlers, in the September tournament one of my favorites, Koto'oshu (Bulgaria) won against Hakuho (Mongolia) with a nice leg trap. Roho (Russia), however, tarnished his image when he picked a fight in a bathroom with Chiyotaikai who had just beaten him. He later smacked some reporters around. This post is in homage to Roho (not because I support his un-sportsmen-like-behavior, but because we all feel like angry Russians sometimes).

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Hi you guys! You are looking great, Ammon is darling and growing up so fast . He reminds me alot of you Spence . We miss you guys and are excited to see you in a couple of months. Love Aunt Lynda

Thursday, October 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home